After 12 years, Savona has been reworked by owner Evan Lambert and his team into a regional Italian spot with a modern vibe — including an expanded bar for dining and an outdoor patio, some chill music, and two menus: casual (pizzas, pastas, and Tuscan classics such as baby chicken cooked under a brick) and a refined menu of top-end cooking from chef Andrew Masciangelo. Lambert has evolved Savona for these times: I call it “casual excellence,” Lambert calls it “affordable luxury.” Either way, its tasty food!
- Foobooz: Where We’re Eating: Stateside
- Property: Fairmount Home Includes Six Months of Paid Parking
- Foobooz: Where We’re Eating: The Bar at Avance
- Foobooz: Tale of the Tape: A Cheesesteak from SPOT
- Foobooz: Get On Board the Craft Beer Express
- Foobooz: Victory Parkesburg Brewery Is Humming, Offering Tours