After 12 years, Savona has been reworked by owner Evan Lambert and his team into a regional Italian spot with a modern vibe — including an expanded bar for dining and an outdoor patio, some chill music, and two menus: casual (pizzas, pastas, and Tuscan classics such as baby chicken cooked under a brick) and a refined menu of top-end cooking from chef Andrew Masciangelo. Lambert has evolved Savona for these times: I call it “casual excellence,” Lambert calls it “affordable luxury.” Either way, its tasty food!
- Foobooz: Missed Out on the Bacon and Beer Festival? There’s an After Party
- Foobooz: Stone Brewing Dinner at Han Dynasty
- Foobooz: Where We’re Eating: Han Dynasty
- Foobooz: Where We’re Eating: SoWe in Graduate Hospital
- News: Last Call at the Best Bad Bar in Philly
- Foobooz: American Sardine Bar Turns Two