We know we just posted a link to Philadelphia Magazine’s article about Jose Garces but now we’ve sat down and actually had a chance to read Lauren McCutcheon’s profile of the prolific chef.
Among the Fooboozian highlights:
- Rumor has it Garces missed the James Beard Awards perhaps becuase he’s working on a Food Network gig.
- July is still the targeted opening for Village Whiskey.
- Garces Trading Co. is the name for the food/wine commisary (PLCB partnership) coming this fall to the Western Union building on Locust.
- The Fontainebleau Las Vegas is getting a rooftop Amada, twice the size of the original.
- Dave Conn will be chef de cuisine at Village Whiskey.
Check it all out.
Who is Jose Garces? And Why are you so crazy about his restaurants?Â [Philadelphia Magazine]