The soon-to-be-open Varga at 10th and Spruce, from R. Evan Turney of Valanni and Mercato (read more about the opening on Foobooz), is adding growlers to their international concept. The vessels — glass with a porcelain top and carrying the Varga logo — will sell for around $25 each, plus $20 each time you get one filled. But since these half-gallon babies hold about five beers and the bar plans to offer 22 taps, it seems like a worthy investment — you’ll just have to drink fast so the brew doesn’t go warm and flat. (Lederhosen optional.)
- Ticket: 10 Holiday Sites You Must See in Philly
- Foobooz: WATCH: Bar Rescue at Lickety Split
- Property: Councilman Introduces Bill to Rezone the Royal Theater
- Ticket: Dance Like Beyoncé at Millennium Dance Complex
- Property: Pearl Art Supply to Become Dance Complex
- Foobooz: Gennaro’s Tomato Pie Is on the Move
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.