What are you doing for New Year’s Day? As we were recently quoted as saying, “when you drink on New Years Day, you drink with the pros.” We think we’re proud of saying that.
There is of course the Mummer’s Parade and with it a boat load of traditions. Will you be at Philadelphia’s oldest bar, McGillin’s Olde Ale House for a pint? Or perhaps at Dirty Frank’s, where men in sequin rule the roost.
A few miles away from the parade route will see the unveiling of Local 44, 20 taps of beer and bottles of Orval will start flowing at 5pm.
NYD brunch is a growing tradition. Check out our incomplete list of brunch spots and other happenings after the jump.
- Bishop’s Collar – Open for brunch
- El Camino Real – Brunch starts at 11.
- Lucky 13 – Open for brunch
- Johnny Brenda’s – Open for brunch
- Jose Pistola’s -Free buffet and beer specials for the Rose Bowl.
- Monk’s Cafe – 20 stouts will be pouring at the beer emporium.
- Pub & Kitchen – All day brunch
- Tattooed Mom’s – Pajama Party including free Lucky Pork and sauerkraut buffet plus Bloody Mary specials. According to the Amish, it’s good luck to eat pork and sauerkraut on New Years Day.
- Tiffin -Indian food can be delivered to your stoop starting at 3pm.
- White Dog Cafe – Pajama Party Brunch