Still hanging over from July’s mega restaurant openings? No rest for the weary! Grab the metro where the the Bite highlights more than a half-dozen openings just around the corner.
Root (1033 Spring Garden St)
- Cactus Restaurant and Bar (4245 Main St)
- Earth Bread + Brewery (7136 Germantown Ave)
- Izakaya Bar & Bistro (1420 Locust St)
- Pub & Kitchen (1946 Lombard St)
- Naked Chocolate Cafe (34th and Chestnut)
- Capogiro (39th and Walnut)
- Brown Betty Dessert Boutique (269 S 20th St)
UPDATE: Earth Bread + Brewery owner Tom Baker posted to PhillyBlog this morning regarding his likely opening date.
We still don’t have an opening date. Â We’re still waiting on our liquor license approval. Â Our construction will be completed this week and if our approvals come by the end of the month, we should be able to open in early Sept. Â I have a new found awe for the bureaucracy in the Commonwealth.
We don’t think Tom is alone in his “awe” for Pennsylvania bureaucracy.