Wednesday we teamed up with Goodtimes to give away some tickets to the show if you were among the first to answer these questions.
- What is the oldest continually operated tavern in Philadelphia?
- â€œPatâ€ of Patâ€™s Steaks is credited with inventing this Philly culinary delight in 1930. What was Patâ€™s last name?
- Stephen Starr has signed a letter of intent to take over the restaurant, lobby bar, and lounge of what already established Philadelphia hotel?
The answers and a quick one sheet of the event is after the jump.
- A lot of you guessed City Tavern but it’s actually McGillin’s Olde Ale House. City Tavern was rebuilt for the Bicentennial and was run by Aramark for awhile. McGillin’s dates back to 1860 and has survived prohibition and countless renditions of “Sweet Caroline.”
- Oliveri is the name and king of steaks.
- Starr is coming to the lobby of Sofitel at 17th and Sansom. Around the corner from Alma de Cuba.
QUIZZO BOWL 4
The greatest beer addled minds in Philadelphia go head to head in Quizzo Bowl IV. Get your team of up to 8 to the Blue Horizon at 8pm on Saturday night to compete for over $1,000 in cash and prizes in Quizzo Bowl IV, hosted by Johnny Goodtimes.
Doors open at 7pm. Quizzo begins promptly at 8.
Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 at the door. Order online or at Quizzo tonight.
Admission includes all-you-can-drink Sly Fox beer plus pretzels from the Philadelphia Pretzel Company.
Comedian Chip Chantry opens at 7.
Black Elvis headlining with the Burning Loves will perform throughout the show.
Halftime will feature a performance by the famous Philadelphia prop comic, the Legendary WID.
After party will be held at the Urban Saloon (21st and Fairmount). The kitchen will be open late and there will be $2.50 domestics and $3.50 craft and imports available.