What will training camp at Lincoln Financial Field look like? The Eagles provided some details Thursday.
Each of the five practices are expected to start at 12:30 (time on August 17 may change to 8:15 am if Phillies game gets flexed). Beginning at 10:30 am in the HeadHouse Plaza, there will be music, face-painting artists, appearances from SWOOP, and Eagles Cheerleader entertainment.
After each practice, all fans ages 14-and-under will have the opportunity to catch a pass on the field from Eagles alumni. Also, every fan entering Lincoln Financial Field will receive a scratch-off ticket. Those who receive “winning” tickets will have a chance to get player autographs after practice.
“Our goal is to have a fun atmosphere for fans as they get an up-close look at the team,” said Eagles President Don Smolenski.
Here is a look at the training camp schedule:
Sunday, July 28 – Alumni Day
The Eagles will recognize alumni players on the field prior to practice. In addition, some of the many honored players will begin signing autographs for fans in the HeadHouse Plaza at 10:30 am.
Monday, August 5 – Military Appreciation Day
The Eagles will honor members from all four branches of the military on the field prior to practice.
Sunday, August 11 – Bobblehead Giveaways
The first 10,000 kids entering Lincoln Financial Field, ages 12-and-under, will receive a LeSean McCoy mini-bobblehead doll.
Saturday, August 17 – Health and Safety Day
The Eagles will honor members of the Philadelphia Police Force, Fire Department and First Responders.
Monday, August 26
– Tickets to these practices are free and will be available beginning June 18 at 2 p.m. Fans can obtain tickets by visiting PhiladelphiaEagles.com, Ticketmaster.com or by calling Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000. Seating will be general admission by section, with an 8-ticket limit per practice.
– A Training Camp Hotline has been set up at 215-320-5160 and you can visit philadelphiaeagles.com/news/training-camp.html for updates on practice and other events.
– All parking will be free. Lots open at 9:30 am.
– The HeadHouse Plaza will open at 10:30 am and the interior gates will open at 11:30 am. All fans should enter the stadium through the Northeast and Xfinity gates only.
– Concessions will be available inside the stadium but no alcoholic beverages will be sold.
– If practice is forced to move away from Lincoln Financial Field because of weather, the Eagles will announce the change no later than 9 am. Because of scheduling conflicts, there will be no re-scheduling of training camp practices at the Linc.
Become a fan of Birds 24/7 on Facebook.