* Nnamdi Asomugha has “whiplash-type symptoms and a split lip.” No concussion. He never lost consciousness following his collision with Nate Allen. He will not practice Tuesday and is considered day-to-day after that.
* Jamar Chaney participated in some of Monday’s practice but his hamstring “tightened up on him” after 9-on-7’s.
* Reid said the team is in a holding pattern regarding Mike Patterson. They are taking their cues from Patterson’s doctor, who just returned from a long vacation and hasn’t provided any sense of a timeline. Doesn’t sound like anything is close.
* Reid certainly wasn’t complaining, but allowed that the preseason schedule handed to them by the NFL is less than ideal. The first-team will play “at least a half” against the Patriots on Monday night, and will see fewer snaps against the Browns — their opening week opponent — in the third preseason game a few days later.
* On the changes he sees in Juan Castillo from this training camp compared to last year. “Juan is more comfortable I think, just going through it. I think his guys are more comfortable knowing the defense, which helps. Last year we kind of had to jump-start it right here at Lehigh…so Juan was able to feed them a little bit more this offseason. They have a better understanding. They practice fast and furious, and that’s important.”
* On the overflow of talent on the defensive line, and the difficult decision-making process of who to keep: “It’s a great problem to have, but that’s not sorted out yet. That’s not going to be an easy thing.”