Happy National Running Day, friends! We couldn’t have asked for better weather, am I right?
If you’re looking for a way to celebrate the occasion—you know, if Philadelphia Runner’s Rita’s Water Ice run tonight isn’t enough—we’ve got a few ideas to get you moving. Read on.
• The Best Running Spots in Philadelphia: Our five favorite scenic runs in the region.
• Your Running Playlist: Face-Melting Rock: We update this playlist weekly, so if you’re looking for a way to keep your iPod fresh, you just found it.
• Best Sprint Workout Ever: When’s the last time you sprinted until your legs felt like Jell-O? Thought so. Try this workout to kick your speed up a notch or two.
• 10 Reasons Running Is Ridiculously Good for You: Science-backed running motivation.
• The Best Running Dogs: Four-legged friends you can take with you on your run.
• 5 Best Runs Down the Shore (With Maps!): We quizzed Shore-dwelling experts on their favorite running routes near the water.
• Why Walking Is an Awesome Workout: Hey, we all have to start somewhere, right? If you’re not into running (yet!), try working your way up to a run with a walking workout. Here’s how to do one.
Like what you’re reading? Experience Be Well Philly live at Be Well Philly Boot Camp fitness fest on June 7th!