Spaghetti with Roasted Zucchini Recipe
Try this simple recipe featuring the Super Food, Zucchini packed with nutrients, which can decrease the risk of stroke, reduce high blood pressure, and lower cholesterol.
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
• 12 oz spaghetti
• 3 Tbsp olive oil
• 2 1/2 slices fresh bread, torn into 1-in. pieces
• 2 cloves garlic, smashed
• 4 small zucchini (about 1 lb total), sliced 1/4-in. thick
• 1/4 to 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
• Kosher salt
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 oz)
• 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
• 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- Heat oven to 425°F. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta and return to the pot. Toss the pasta with 1 Tbsp oil.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse the bread and garlic until the bread forms coarse crumbs and the garlic is chopped.
- In a large bowl, toss the zucchini, red pepper, remaining 2 Tbsp oil and 1/2 tsp salt. Add the Parmesan and breadcrumb mixture and toss to combine. Spread the zucchini mixture on two rimmed baking sheets and roast until the zucchini is tender and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the zucchini mixture, parsley and lemon zest.
Saturated Fat: 3g
Dietary Fiber: 6g