Thanks to a tip from Racked Philly, we got word that there’s a sort-of-secret warehouse in Georgia that stocks the likes of Anthropologie, BHLDN, Free People, and Urban Outfitters for up to 95 percent off. Ninety-five percent off. Start packing up your cars now, Shoppists; you can hit up WaWa on the way.
- If you’re planning your next big splurge, look no further than these nine timeless accessories. Seriously, you’ll wear them forever. [Lucky]
- It’s another devastating day in celebrity news. Yesterday, famed actress Lauren Bacall passed away. Besides being a celebrated actress, she was also a major style icon. Here’s a slideshow featuring 49 of her greatest looks. [The Cut]
- Are these pre-mud-splattered Adidas sneakers the next destroyed denim? We sure hope not. (Plus, it looks like you can only get them in the UK.) [Adidas]
We at Shoppist are huge fans of the mismatched earring trend (see: here and here). So when the metalworking geniuses behind Queen Village’s Bario Neal debuted their Strata earring collaboration with local ceramicist Jessica Hans, we were already plotting crazy combinations. Turns out, the pairings look just as cute matching. Earrings for everyone!
After an onslaught of summer sales at women’s boutiques, we were starting to think the guys might just have to go sale-less this summer. Then Armour owner David Grimes tipped us off to a major end-of-summer sale starting at Armour today. It’s discounts galore at the menswear boutique and you don’t want to miss it.
The ‘burbs just got better. We just got word that Wayne mainstay Menagerie Boutique is slated to open a second location in Haverford Square on September 1st.
We love the girly boutique for its selection of luxe lines like Claire Vivier, Karen Walker, Calypso, and LemLem—remember our favorite coverup?—so a secont boutique is just another way to get your shopping fix.
- If you’ve ever anxiously waited for your favorite shop to send you an email with a discount on your birthday, you need to read this. Here are 19 brands that will give you something extra on your next birthday. Now, start subscribing to those emails. [Lucky]
- We’ve heard minimizing washes for your denim is best, but this might be too far (or genius?). Levi’s new brand of Intelligent Denim has “microbal control technology that prevents bacteria (and the odors that come with it) from growing.” [Huffington Post]
- Just in case you went a little crazy with the brightly hued nail art this summer, we’ve got you covered. This is how you fix discolored nails. [Fashionista]
It’s here! Ritual Ritual’s long-awaited move into their bigger, better NoLibs space has finally happened. Shoppist chatted with owner Angela Monaco to get the scoop on the new location (which opening just this past weekend), and the sweet spa day the shop has scheduled for this Sunday. Believe us, you want to hear the deets. (Hint: free manis and massages).
Remember all the hubbub over Blake Lively’s gloomily-designed lifestyle site Preserve? Criticisms were extensive: ranging from slamming $7 ketchup to, well, the lack of preserves. But we have to be honest, with a site that claims to champion “the goods, makers and legends that instill meaning inside the moments of our lives” we were curious how these Anthro-esque goods would be delivered. Surely folded into Made in the USA, hand-embroidered tissue paper and wrapped in twine by the goddess Blake Lively herself, right? Well, not quite.
Shoppists, August is a month of shopping confliction—email inboxes filled with “IT’S FALL” announcements (it’s not) and a weatherman telling you it’ll be 85 degrees all week. For now, dissuade yourself from any premature fall purchases, and quell your retail craving by snatching up some of these under-$100 buys. They’re easier on your wallet and will carry you through mid-September.
It’s easy to equate summer outfits with simple when we keep our lightest tees, tunics, and shorts in heavy rotation. And when the weather gets mucky, accessories can fall by the wayside. To combat outfit monotony, try integrating breezy linen scarves into your warm-weather uniform. This beauty from Terrain boasts an airy fabric and a vibrant embroidered border that’s substantial enough to make a statement. We suggest pairing it with an all-white look.