- Did you know vinegar is great for cleaning boots? That and more boot-saving tips right here. [Style List]
- Turns out fall’s beauty looks don’t need to cost you hundreds of dollars. This roundup spotlights 58 beauty products under $25 that are actually legit. [Refinery 29]
- Get your white hats on: the Scandal Collection for The Limited is here on September 23. And get this? It’s extremely chic and true to the Olivia Pope character. We’ll take camel wrap coat, please. [Jezebel]
Keep reading to see the wildest beauty looks from NYFW. You’ve been warned.
Images via Instagram
It’s hard to believe, but gift-giving season is right around the corner. And whether you’ve already pounded out your first round of knitted goods or are still doling out apologies about last year’s gifts, this can bring on emotions ranging from glee to anxiety. For those that hover around the anxiety end, we’ve found relief: Occasionette’s workshops are now in session. Not only are you guaranteed to find (or make!) stellar gifts for family and friends, but you’ll also be way ahead of the gift-giving curve. Like, before Thanksgiving early. So, relax and put the glue gun down. You’re working with pros now.
Keep reading for our top picks!
Image via Urban Jungle
Pennsport is about to get a heavy dose of greenery: Urban Jungle, the brains behind some of the lushest landscapes and urban gardens in Philly, is set to open a new location. Passyunk Post reports that following a well-received meeting with the Pennsport Civic Association, Urban Jungle has announced an expansion of their Passyunk store to a new space at 1721-1725 South Water Street.
Keep reading for the scoop on the new shop.
As a jewelry minimalist, I was super-psyched when the stud earring trend erupted. Raw diamonds! Twee animals! Modern pearls! They go with everything because, well, there’s not much to ‘em (which is why we featured our favorite mismatch and make-your-own varieties). So, when I stumbled upon these honeycomb-esque Hex Hoop earrings from Ritual Ritual, I was pleasantly surprised by their major versatility. They’re minimal in the best way, they don’t get hidden in a sea of hair, and they pack a geometric-artsy punch. And dare I say it: I think I’m an earring convert.
Click here for price deets.
- Birkenstock fans, we have a treat for you. You can get your hands on another pair of trendy-meets-comfy kicks this spring: Dr. Scholl’s look-a-likes from the Marc Jacobs show. Enjoy! [Glamour]
- Any lady can tell you that bra shopping can be a total nightmare. Enter: True & Co., a bra company working to accommodate over 6,000 body types. [Styleite]
- Uh, did this 10 year-old just become our style icon? Mr. Cory is the 10-year-old CEO of a cookie company, and he dresses infinitely cooler than any of us did at that age. [Man Repeller]
Keep reading to find out the most fashion-forward rain boots to rock this spring.
Clover Market is back and we couldn’t be more excited. The open-air market will be debuting in Chestnut Hill (25 West Highland Avenue) this Sunday, September 14 from 10am to 5pm, rain or shine. Pencil the market into your plans to shop over 100 vendors and food trucks. Bonus: you can bring the kids along; they have free crafts!
Click here for more info.
Just one of the awesome shops you can shop this Saturday | Images via Occasionette Instagram
It’s sidewalk sales and block parties galore this weekend! If you’re looking for another stellar way to spend your Saturday, we suggest hitting up the East Passyunk Avenue Antique and Vintage Sidewalk Sale. Between 8am and 4pm, the sale will be split into two sections: in the parking lot between Tasker and Morris, shoppers will be able to peruse antique and vintage homewares, clothing, furniture, jewelry, and other odds and ends from dozens of local vendors. Between Morris and Mifflin, shoppers can lookout for sidewalk sales from brick-and-mortar shops, along with tasty treats setup outside.
The party doesn’t stop at 4pm, though!
Find out what happens next.
The Frankford Avenue Block Party is gearing up for this weekend, Shoppists, which means there will be tons of deals to be had. The party will take place between Thompson and Jefferson on the 1300 and 1400 blocks of Frankford Avenue from 12pm to 7pm tomorrow, Saturday 13. Celebrate the end of summer and make a day out of the shindig with a beer garden by Bottle Bar and food trucks and stands by favorites like Undrgnd Donuts and Curbside Creamery. There will also be music by the likes of D24K Sound, DJs dirt, Sean Hearn, and Maggs Bruchez. Sound like a lot? It is—and it’s awesome. To help you zero in on the must-shop vendors and boutiques, we scoped out the best sales and deals to hit-up this weekend.
Click here for sale deets.
- With dozens of perfectly polished, coiffed, and dressed models in a single runway show, we knew there had to be some backstage secrets. Here, 23 beauty hacks from industry experts to score their looks on the fly. [Lucky]
- Oh, Jimmy Kimmel, you’ve done it again. For this segment of Lie Witness News, they stood outside during NYFW and asked stylish folks about “designers” such as Chandler Bing and Antonin Scalia. Hilarity ensues. [YouTube]
Keep reading to find out which holiday collab you need to look out for.
Gifts perfect for Philly friends who’ve since moved out of town. (Or, you know, anyone else.) | Photos via Pilot & Captain.
Travelers and nomads, we found your can’t-miss fall sale. Wanderlust-inducing travel brand Pilot and Captain
has just announced that their entire website is priced 20 percent off from now until September 19. This is prime time to stock up on Philly-centric gifts for out-of-towners and holidays—don’t miss out.
Keep reading to find out how to shop the sale.