Aimee Olexy’s 8 Favorite Things
1. “My vintage bottle collection. I found most of them at Three Potato Four in Manayunk. I like bottles because they’re simple and hold light, and there’s history in them.”
2. “Old-fashioned black-and-white composition books. For recipes, journaling, and coloring with my daughter.”
3. “Blueberry scones from Talula’s Table. We make them fresh each day. They’re subtly sweet, with a hint of lemon zest, and loaded with blueberries. Tender, crumbly … I eat them a lot.” $3 each at Talula’s Table.
4. “My CSA share [community-supported agriculture] from Greensgrow. So I know I come home from work to a house full of salad, year-round.” $775 for a full summer share; greensgrow.org.
5. “Olivina Body Butter. I discovered it at a great shop in Delaware, Houpette. It’s not too thick, and it absorbs well. In restaurants, I wash my hands like crazy, so cream is an essential for me.” $38 at Houpette.
6. “My French Opinel folding knife. For gardening, picking herbs, cutting flowers, eating cheese on a train—anything, really. Once you have one, you’ll be hooked.” $16 at Williams-Sonoma, multiple locations.
7. “The BKR water bottle. I have a bright blue one, and my daughter has a hot pink one. They’re glass but don’t break, and they seal tightly. It’s easy to chug out of them, and I’m a huge water drinker.” $30 at Talula’s Table.