The luxe collection of neckwear debuts this fall. | Photo via Armstrong & Wilson.
It’s one of the many brands that makes me wish—if only for a second—that I was a guy, or that I was a girl who could pull off wearing a pocket square. Armstrong & Wilson‘s collection of bow ties, tie-ties and pocket squares is like a garden party in a box, all pastel plaids and rainbow paisleys—for summer at least. (Oh, and speaking of their summer squares, you can get them all for 40 percent off here. But I digress…)
A peek at A&W’s Instagram reveals a star fan base: LeBron James, Al Roker, The Roots’s Black Thought, Derrick Brooks, London Fletcher, Michael Smith, Chris Bosch. And Bosch is such a fan that he’s collaborating on a tie collection with them.
More details below.
Go on. Give your strappy sandals one more spin around the block. Then set your sights to fall footwear, which is just as covetable. My pick for fall’s best boots? These beauties, which are more like heavy-metal jewelry for your feet, and who doesn’t want some of that?
See where to get ‘em in Philly.
See the eight exlusive Philly Mag Fashion Project designs. | Photography by Jonathan Pushnik.
I’m happy to announce that our second annual Philly Mag Fashion Project is in full swing! Eight incredible local designers spent months creating exclusive pieces for our September issue. (Nearly 200 hours were spent hand-beading!) And now you can finally see the finished—and utterly gorgeous—products.
But there’s more!
- Summer is officially over. Let’s make ourselves feel better about this by looking back at some of summer’s worst fashion trends that we’ll hopefully never have to see again. (Distressed jorts and sheer maxi skirts, I’m talking about you.) [Styleite]
- This roundup of 15 ultra-chic ear piercings is enough to make anyone want to take a trip to Infinite Body Piercing now. [Refinery29]
Up next: Guess which J.Crew men’s shirt has its own Instagram account?
Let’s get our sale on.
Happy (almost) holiday weekend, Shoppists! Let’s kick this sucker off with a crop-topped, maxi-skirted, platform-clogged bang. Here are the best sales to shop this weekend.
See ‘em all here.
Your designer and vintage heaven awaits.
I’ve shopped pretty much everywhere: fledgling Etsy stores, garage sales, weird little no-name boutiques, flea markets, consignment shops, the side of the road. Yet I’ve managed to resist the siren call of eBay, mostly because I’m terrified of it. It seems like a black hole, and venturing into it would likely lead to one of two things: 1. Accidentally bidding an ungodly amount of money for something dumb, like a fake Birkin or a side table made out of a rotting tree root, and then winning. or 2. Becoming addicted and slowly turning into a hoarder of porcelain dolls or turn-of-the-century retainers.
But here’s the thing: There are actually extraordinary buys to be found on eBay: Céline bags, vintage Chanel, Miu Miu heels, archival pieces from designers’ past collections. You just need to know how to find it all, and then, how and when to actually pull the plug.
- Turns out, you really don’t need to reapply your foundation twice a day (am I the only one?). Here’s how to get your foundation to last all day long—with GIFs! No reapplication needed. [The Cut]
- In a few short weeks, everyone will be donning their jeans again. Two denim aficionadas are sharing their denim forecast and there are some surprises in store. [Vanity Fair]
- Who says you need to wait until January 1 to start making resolutions? The lovely ladies over BLDG 25 disclosed their fall beauty resolutions. (Watch out for lots of crimson and plum!) [Free People]
Keep reading to find out the real side effects from your favorite beauty treatments.
Labor Day is this Monday, Shoppists. Embrace the long weekend with a little retail therapy. Local boutiques, salons, and e-shops are celebrating with steep discounts on all types of services (discounted manis!) and merchandise (50 percent off denim!). We’re anticipating an onslaught of sale announcements over the next few days, but here’s the first batch of deals.
Keep reading for details on five must-shop sales.
It seems like every e-shop is offering major discounts on summer sale goods. The sheer number of items makes easy to get overwhelmed—so we combed through the marked-down goods to find you the best clothing, shoes and accessories under $100. Consider these the hidden gems of the sale rack. Happy shopping!
Prices and details ahead!
We’re positively giddy over Erdon‘s new fall roll-out. MM6 Maison Martin Margiela! Acne! Ivan Grundahl! It’s chock-full of chunky knits, ankle booties, and cozy coats— basically our fall wardrobes in a nutshell.
Click here to see the whole lookbook!